Mail-In Sharpening Service (Machine)
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
You don't have access to a local profesional sharpening service that you can trust with your knives? Send them in and we'll take good care of them!
This service offers machine-sharpening for double-bevel blades that measure up to 240mm. We ensure that your knives are well taken care of, giving them a fresh cutting edge by using water wheels, belts and various compounts.
This mail-in sharpening includes the cost of service and the return of your knives. Note that it does not include the shipping cost from your house to our shop. If your knives are chipped or damaged, they will not be repaired under this sharpening flat fee. We will be glad to assist with such task by sending your a manual quote once we receive pictures of your damaged knives via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How does it work?
1. First, you must purchase this product by selecting the quantity of knives that you will mail-in for sharpening.
2. Once your purchase is processed, our system will provide you with an order number which you must include in your mail-in package so we can cross-reference your knives to your name and return address.
3. Package your knives safely and contact your favorite transport courrier to ship them to our shop, preferably via an insured and trackable method:
360 Maloney Ouest, Unit 4
4. Once received at our shop, please allow 1-2 days for the sharpening of your knives to be performed. You will then receive a tracking ID on your original order ID which will confirm that your knives are ready and being mailed back to you.
5. Receive your new knives and enjoy their fresh cutting edge by cooking one of you favourite meals.
How to package your knives?
SAFETY FIRST! Knife blades should never be left exposed regarless how dull they are - they must be packaged for the courrier staff in case the box is dropped. We recommend that you use the original box in which your knives were purchase, a blade guard, sheath or even cloth / towel in which they can be wrapped.
Once your knives are wrapped, you can use a bubble mailer enveloppe or box to ship them in.
With all products in stock, we take the opportunity to ensure that your new knives are fully inspected, hand-sharpened and sharp tested on a Professional BESS Certified Sharpness Tester.
This guarantees that your knives are ready to work right out the box.
Shipped from Quebec, Canada within 1-2 business days (General holidays are excluded), you will receive a registered tracking number to follow the transition of your package via either Canada Post, USPS, FedEX or UPS all depending on your delivery area.
Average Delivery Estimates:
Canada: 3 - 5 days
USA: 5 -107 days
Provides faster delivery times usually estimated to 2 days.
*Kakushin cannot guarantee delivery a specific delivery date. The average timeframe's listed at checkout are general standards and might not apply to all, example: remote areas. If you need more information, you can verify with the selected courier for the timeframe going from our postal code J8P7R5 to yours.
Add your favorite products to your cart and choose Sezzle as a payment method.
No Impact on your credit - Get an instant approval decision and your order gets shipped within 1-2 business days.
Need more pictures? No problem! You can also reach out to us and we will will be more than happy to share additional pictures, going up to a short clip of the desired product.
All our product photos are real and taken in house with the help of a professional Nikon DSLR camera. Colours and shadings can slightly vary based on the item, lighting and angle which is why we try to take pictures from various angles to try and show as much in each product.