- Where are you located? The Kakushin Shop is located at 360 Maloney Ouest, Gatineau, Quebec, Canada.
- Where are the products shipped from? Everything is hand-picked and inspected before being shipped from Quebec, Canada. None of our products are transhipped, drop shipped or fulfilled by any 3rd party which ensures quality control. This fulfilment model also avoids unfortunate surprises of hidden fee's such as duties/customs/taxes.
- How are the products shipped? Our products are shipped in bubble shipping envelopes to keep the products protected. In some cases, we could recycle boxes to ship larger orders or products such as cutting boards.
- What Shipping Services are used? Most commonly we use Canada Post and USPS.
- When is my product shipped? Our orders are shipped within 24-48 business hours.
- Do you provide tracking? Yes, all our orders include a tracking number and in many cases a signature on delivery is required all depending on the value of the package.
- What are the delivery delays? All depending on your shipping option at the point of check-out and destination, most purchases are delivered to your door within 1 to 10 business days.
- Where are your products made? To provide one of the largest variety of models under one shop, we source products from various independent blacksmiths and manufacturers around the world. Currently supporting over 15 countries, fabrication location is specific to each product. If the fabrication country is not listed under the product title or shows Kakushin Kitchen, that product either combined products from multiple countries or that same product can vary fabrication country depending on fulfilment and product availability but most commonly China, Vietnam or Thailand.
- How do promotions work? All our promotions are set based on availability and can from one country to another. Promotional discounts are set for the product price before taxes and shipping fee's. Note that two individual discount codes cannot be combined.
- Do I need to pay duties? Any shipments outside of Canada can be subject to duty fee's that must be paid by the buyer. The amount will vary depending on your order and you can inform yourself with your local delivery company for additional details. No duty fee's for Canadian orders.
Kakushin prides itself for unique and modern knife styles. Similar to a car with nice large wheels that turn heads while rolling down the street, those come with a need for extra care. Running into a pot-hole with your nice large alloy wheel will bend the structure while on the other hand smaller and plain wheels made from steel might resist the shock which has no relations to the quality of the product.
In order to offer beautiful handles, we must use more than just plain metal and in order to have sharp blades, we must use more than just plain soft steel. It's important to note that our knives might not resist a shock if for an example they are mishandled, dropped, put into a hot steamy dishwasher or other.
Manufacturer defects can occur and are seen in the first few days of being used or washed. Kakushin offers a limited 30 days replacement warranty.
This warranty does not cover any defects due to normal wear and tear, damage due to misuse or abuse, alteration to the product, negligence, or any damage resulting from use other than the intended purpose of the item.
How do I apply my warranty: Use the contact us page or email email@example.com in order to submit information about your request. Please be sure to include the following important details:
Once this information is received, we will contact you with the next steps to follow. We might request to return the product for final approval of the exchange.
If you don’t see the answer to your question below, check out this YouTube Video.