Ensure smooth and concise cut with the new and improved 2.0 version of Kakushin's Sharpening Stone Set. Made from high quality white corundum with Japanese Technology which is ideal for beginning up to advanced sharpening.
This complete set includes all you need to get sharp.
◾️ Storage Box ◾️ 1000 Grit Whetstone ◾️ 6000 Grit Whetstone ◾️ Anti-Slip Rubber Mat ◾️ Water Pipet ◾️ Angle Guide (to learn on traditional 8" chef knives only) ◾️ Mudding Stone
Key pointers on how to use it:
1. Soak the whetstone into cold sink water for 15 minutes prior to sharpening.
2. To protect your blade by putting a piece of tape on the top and slide the angle guide over. The guide provided is better used on 8-inch chef knives to give you the most common sharpening angle. While most knives are sharpened between 15 and 20 degrees, with practice and time you can use what works the best for your knife and steel.
3. Use the #1000 grit side of the stone to begin the sharpening process and make back and forth movements across the entire blade by keeping the stone wet. Continue the movement until you can feel a burr form with your fingers (micro reversed edge). It's recommended you count your strokes and apply between 1 and 2 pounds of pressure.
4. Move to the other side of the blade and count approximately the same number of strokes to create an even edge.
Some knives might take more effort than others which will vary based on the knife condition and steel type. To test the sharpness of your knife, try cutting a piece of newspaper or your favorite ingredient. If your knife is not sharp enough, repeat step #3 and #4.
5. (Optional) Use the #6000 grit side of the stone with a light pressure and equally polish the blade with the same movements and method as you did with the #1000 stone.
Once you have a satisfactory shiny polished edge, test on newspaper again until you are happy with the cutting feel.
*Don't get intimidated by sharpening on whetstones. While it does require some practice, this method will give you the most optional results on all types of knives.
Want to learn more? Check out our sharpening tutorial or give us a call: Click here!
With all products in stock we take the opportunity to ensure that your new knives are fully inspected, hand-sharpened and sharp tested on a Professional BESS Certified sharpness scale.
This guarantees that your knives are ready to work right out the box!
Add your favorite products to your cart and choose Sezzle as a payment method.
No Impact on your credit - Get an instant approval decision and your order gets shipped within 1-2 business days.
With all products in stock, we take the opportunity to ensure that your new knives are fully inspected, hand-sharpened and sharp tested on a Professional BESS Certified Sharpness Tester.
This guarantees that your knives are ready to work right out the box.
Shipped from Quebec, Canada within 1-2 business days (General holidays are excluded), you will receive a registered tracking number to follow the transition of your package via either Canada Post, USPS, FedEX or UPS all depending on your delivery area.
Average Delivery Estimates:
Canada:3 - 5 days
USA: 5 - 10 days
Provides faster delivery times usually estimated to 2 days.
Need more pictures? No problem! You can also reach out to us and we will will be more than happy to share additional pictures, going up to a short clip of the desired product.
All our product photos are real and taken in house with the help of a professional Nikon DSLR camera. Colours and shadings can slightly vary based on the item, lighting and angle which is why we try to take pictures from various angles to try and show as much in each product.
For some products, you might notice that the primary product picture is flipped horizontaly to match the collection layout.